Super Easy and Delicious Chili Recipe


Who doesn't love a good, classic bowl of chili? I guess naturally there are people out there in the world who don't care for it, but if you are here then you probably do. Last week, in Arizona, we had some very chilly weather (get it? chilly, chili?). Anyway, it was so cold that Scottsdale actually got snow and that's unheard of here. We had chicken noodle soup one night and we're trying to think of something else warm. Chili came to mind since it is filling and delicious! It's pretty hard to mess up chili since you can make it however you want. My husband travels a lot and has gout, so when he is home we make it with ground chicken since he can't have red meat. Let me tell you, it is just as tasty! When we went to visit my mom over Christmas break we couldn't find light red kidney beans anywhere, so we just replaced it with pinto beans. The ingredients can be interchangeable to your liking. You can use any type of ground meat, and you can use any kind of beans you like. If you are not sure which types of beans to use, take a look at this website to give you some ideas. I like my chili to be mild, but you can switch out the Rotel and the seasoning mix for the spicy option if you prefer. This recipe is the easiest chili you will ever make in your life. I like to call it a one pot chili or dump chili. You can literally cook it all in one pot and be done with it. No one likes to dirty more dishes to wash at the end of the night. Keep scrolling to get my very own recipe that I threw together one day. I hope you like it as much as my family and I do!

Ingredients: 

1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can light red kidney beans
1 can Rotel
1 can chili ready diced tomatoes*
1 lb ground beef
1 packet chili seasoning mix

*These are hard to find, but I know Fry's and Walmart sell it.


Directions: (with pictures!)


1. Cook the ground beef in a pot, drain (I don't won't drain if I am using
    a very low-fat meat).







                               
                       
  2. Rinse the beans (this is an important step, it will rinse away a lot of
      excess salt).









3. Add the beans, Rotel, chili ready tomatoes, and seasoning packet
    to the meat.








4. You can add water if you like a juicer texture, or leave it if you
    like a chunky texture. Let simmer until heated through.

Wasn't that the easiest chili recipe ever? You can add your favorite toppings, such as, sour cream, chives, and cheese. We will also eat some saltines with it, or you can have cornbread. Chili is a very versatile meal so you can change ingredients to your liking. When you look up chili recipes, they are all different and not one is the same as another. I always keep stock of these items in my kitchen in case dinner needs to be quick. I can always count on this recipe to get me through the busiest of days. My husband says, "It tastes better than Wendy's chili." That is the best compliment ever! Let me know if you try it and how you like it!   

Comments