My Blood Type is Tea

 
Why yes, yes it is!
   
       I have a problem. You know how people wake up and can't function without coffee in the morning? That's me, except with tea. I can't help but wonder if this tea obsession started brewing when I was a wee little lad in England. My dad was also plagued with this addiction and I never saw him without a hot cup of tea in his hand or on his desk next to him. He would even have me make it for him sometimes, wait let’s get real, I was making him tea multiple times a day. He liked it a certain way: Tea, 2 teaspoons of sugar, and a splash of milk. I was the pro tea maker in the family. When I was younger, I never really understood what the big deal was or why my dad felt the need to drink this stuff all the time. I had tried it a few times, and yeah it was good, but it really didn't consume me until later in life. Now, I have to have it everyday.
     
       Let me just start by saying that I prefer iced tea, I mean come on we live in Arizona, a desert, that gets very hot. Even in the winter when it’s not so hot, I still want iced tea. Now don't get me wrong,
I will still enjoy a hot cup of tea sometimes, but not as much as iced tea. I like it to have a little sweetness to bring out the flavors, but not too much to where I will have diabetes by the time I am 40.

       I will go out of my way to get the tea that I want. If you live in Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona, Kansas, North and South Carolina, Georgia, or Iowa, then you may know what QT or QuikTrip is. They are like a mega store of gas stations, and I won't get too into what all they have, but they have everything. My main focus in the store is the big tea section they have on tap and freshly brewed every four hours! My absolute favorite is the fresh brewed Pineapple Papaya Green Tea. I'll fill the large foam cup up to about 3 quarters of the unsweetened and the rest with the sweetened. Turns out perfect every time. I usually lean towards green teas because I don't like to have a lot of caffeine. I am not ashamed to admit that I go here at least once every day, and most of the time twice a day. The employees literally know me by name, and a few of them groan when I come because if the tea isn't made or tasting right, I will have them brew me a fresh batch. Yes, I am that person.

The different types of tea at QuikTrip!
 
       I know what you are thinking, "drinking that much tea is bad for you," and "you need to drink more water!" Blah, blah, blah, I have heard it all. In the end, it’s my decision to drink tea all day and every day. Also, if you don't want to see my cranky side then you'll leave me alone and get me a tea.
Very, Very Seriously!



   



Comments