Simple Ways to De-Stress


Lately, I have been feeling a little overwhelmed with the many aspects of life. Being in college, working, and being a full-time mom can have its moments. My daughter is 14 and going into high school next year, so she has a lot going on. My husband is always traveling for work, so he isn't home often, and I am left to take care of the daily tasks. Sometimes being busy all the time takes its toll on you and you need to make time for yourself. If you're not okay, then everyone around you will sense that and it can become a domino effect resulting in chaos and stress.

Now don't get me wrong, I know my life is not as crazy as some other families, but everyone has their own set of problems and their own way to handle those problems. I am just here today to let you know of some ways that I de-stress and take the load off; hopefully you can try these and see if they work for you!

1. Try a bath- Of course you can't have a de-stress list without a bath being on it! It is one of the more popular ways people will wind down at the end of a long day. Whether it's a bubble bath, steam bath, or just a plain bath, all of these can help calm you. Try adding one of the Dr. Teal's bubble bath to your water. They have many different scents to fit your needs!



2. Drink some tea- A nice hot cup of tea while you watch your favorite show, or pretty much do anything else. It can add a double whammy on de-stressing time. One of my favorite teas is Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Tea. A seasonal favorite of mine is the Twinings Winter Spice Tea. Both of these are great for drinking before bed because they are caffeine free.

3. Do a puzzle- I don't know if this one is a little weird but trust me, it works! I will usually grab a Disney puzzle or two at Walmart. They are pretty cheap there and they usually have a great selection. Just grab the puzzle and a chair and depending on the size it should last you a few days to a week and maybe longer. This is a great way to keep your mind busy and let go of all of the concerns from the day.

4. Read a book- One of my favorite things I own is my Kindle. I used to have the worst anxiety when I laid down at night and now it's pretty much gone. I found out that I really enjoy romance and romantic comedy books, so I will stock up on those through Amazon. You can also just read a book the old-fashioned way if you prefer. I just read and read until I am fall asleep. It really just puts you in another world, and takes you away from your issues, even if it's only for a while.

5. Exercise- This can really help you sleep at night. I don't do it enough, but I know that when I am not sleeping good and I start working out every day, I sleep so much better. I love to jump rope and also go on bike rides with my daughter around the neighborhood. It is hard to get into the habit of it but start with something you love doing and it will manifest into an everyday thing.... hopefully.

There are many other ways to relax and take the day off at night; these are just a few of the things I like to do to de-stress. I really hope that you found these helpful. Just try them and let me know what you think! Remember what Audrey Hepburn said, "The most important thing is to enjoy your life, to be happy, it's all that matters." Take care of yourself first and always. Come back for more random tidbits from me!




Comments